Saturday, November 19, 2011

My PBIM 2011 record

I just finished the Penang bridge international marathon (PBIM) at Queensbay mall just now. This year I met the target finishing time of 2 hours 15 minutes to complete the half marathon of 21km in distance. I used Nike plus apps on my iPhone to track my timing and distance, it shows that I finished the 21km in 2hrs11mins. This may not be perfectly correct because it was manually started and ended by hand. For final results, I still need to wait for PBIM record using the d-tag. Anyhow, it's a good indications that I can at least meet or pretty closed to my target completion time.

Obviously this year there is more water stations and 100plus stations compared to last year. This year they have added small groups of cheer leaders at a few stations along the run. And as usual, drummers were placed at the middle point of the run to cheer us up to run better. It's a good way to motivates the runner in that way especially those runners that feels really tired or wanted to give up.

I always believe that the spirits of runners is to have consistency and determination to finish the run once it is started. I am here to encourage runners of all categories to keep the spirits of runner while running. You can DO IT!! Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment